Monday, January 11, 2010

Waiting for Him and His White Horse to Come Around

(Not an entirely original title, but I like! LOL)

I was on Facebook this lovely and cool Monday night when I saw an update from my secondary school classmate.

It was a photo album of her pre-wedding photos.

So I clicked on it and saw beautiful photos of her in her beautiful wedding gown and her groom. In various locations, poses. Beautiful and elegant. She looked happy and as beautiful as an angel.

Looking at the photos I can't help but sighed. My friend is a year older then me (she was in remove class). That makes her 24 this year and she's getting married.

Me? I'm still waiting, waiting, waiting....

If I tell you that I'm not afraid of living my life alone and not getting married, I would be lying. There is no need to elaborate, the reasons are obvious- I love companionship. Someone to share life together.

As much as I would love to have that kind of companionship, I'm not going out on random dates and giving my number out to any Tom, Dick and Harry. My friends think I should go actively search for 'him' and hunt 'him' down instead of sitting around and mind my own business.

But I want to believe in God's timing. For him to bring the right person, at the right time. I remember a very interesting analogy of God's timing. It's like a father would not give his 6 month old baby a complicated toy because the child doesn't know to how play with it. Worse, it may pose as a choking hazard to the infant!

Put that in my situation, I'd like to believe that God will only make it happen when I am ready. Like a child too young to handle a complicated toy, He's probably waiting for the time when I'm old enough to fully appreciate the toy. So I guess as I wait for the right timing, I should just continue to concentrate to grow in Him and commit this desire to Him.

So I'll continue waiting. Trusting in God's timing. ;)

I just kinda hope that it'll be sooner la. Cepat sikit, boleh tak? Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment