Monday, January 24, 2011

Hello, January 2011

It's the time of the year I feel new. Every thing has been reseted, start a new.

I've decided that it is time to get back to writing again this year. Apart from a lot of things that is happening in my life right now (which I will fill you in later), the reality is that the will to write and time to allow myself to explore my imagination is now unfortunately rare.

This reality hit me like an eighteen-wheeler when I was given a task to do a simple write-up of my church's Christmas carnival. The dateline was 12th January and I struggled through the writing process until the 9th January. Even that I had my pastor to check what I've written and I am embarrassed at the silly mistakes I made in the article.

As I wondered, I was not able to recall the last time I actually pen my thoughts. And since this blog has been accumulating dust, guess it's a good time to start.

Tonight is one of those rare nights where I get inspired by listening to Josh Groban and reading some thought provoking quotes by C.S Lewis, Elisabeth Elliot and John Piper. Again, I don't remember the last time I had so much of inspiration to express in writing and in speech.

However, since this is my first post in the year of 2011, I will fill you in on what's been happening in my life.

I got a new job. (Yay!)

I am not sure how many of you know, the reason for the birth of this blog was a result of a careless practice on freedom of speech. It was foolish and it had cost me my previous job as a kindergarten teacher. Sure, I have hated the management there, but it was foolish of me not to practice self-control and let it spill all over the world wide web for everyone to see.

Anyway.

For some time I was afraid of going back to work. The job in the kindergarten was just a glimpse of corporate and I hated it. Hence, I've been battling with myself to find something that is not corporate and having this very idealistic, if not, unrealistic idea of doing things I totally love doing, like ministry, or photography. I thought it is time. I still believe there is a place for that to happen perhaps later in my life, but then, God has other plans.

As I wait for the right time and the right door to open, I was working in church as a casual worker with very minimal pay. And God is good by giving my leaders like my both my pastors to knock some sense into my head when I needed it. There were things in my own life that I need to sort out, some attitudes and character flaws that needed correction and my pastors have very tactfully yet firmly conveyed them to me.

So August last year I have decided to send my resumes out, hoping to get interviews for jobs. It was a scary a ride as the thought of going corporate still scares me. Committing the job interviews to God, for Him to help me know which job to take on, I went for a few here and there and simply to cut the long story short, I got a job with a local stock photography company. Though the job description for me has very little to do with being creatively involved, instead, it is more on the selling aspect.

I took the job as the job came at the right time and I acknowledged that as a proof of God's faithfulness in providence. I admit, there were days I dread going to work because of the nature of the job, which is actually cold calling. I persevered simply because this is God's will for me to have this job.

Somehow, in the days where I dread going to work yet I completed my quota day by day, without any complains to my superior. God's favour was all over me, I have also gain favour among my superiors. To cut the long story short again, God has enabled me to skip two steps up in position and was given a good increment in just 4 months in the job.

I couldn't have done it if it's not for God.

This has been such a good start to the new year, to which I look forward with God's loving guidance and that I would not allow anymore fear to hold me back from taking that step of faith. A friend once taught me to ask myself this question before taking that step of faith- "What is there to lose, anyway?" Come to think of it, what is there to lose, anyway? What could be the worst thing that could happen? For us as Christians, we are assured of God's leading and that ALL things work out for the good for those who love Him. So what if it's not the right way? The Bible says to trust in Him and lean not on our own understanding and He will make our paths straight. It is better than staying stagnant, paralyzed by fear and not even making that step at all.

I hope you, whoever you are reading this will have a great year ahead. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment