Wednesday, December 23, 2009

So, What Happened?

Some of you know, some don't. So I'll make it clear to you why I started Dirty Running Shoes this time.

My previous blog was discovered by my employer and found a blog post offensive. I was then terminated from the job.

I was not careful about leaking my blog URL to her via Facebook and in my default email signature.

This time, I shall be discreet about my identity and about the existence of this blog. You guys are the lucky few. And also I've learned my lesson well, I shall not practice freedom of speech fully, but I shall say what I need to say when necessary.

I'm pretty excited about this new place. Having to redo the template and using Blogger's .xml templates which I do not use previously is pretty interesting. Renaming and redesigning a blog gives my brain the chance to exercise on emitting useful creative juices.

As for the name of this blog, Dirty Running Shoes, well, running shoes are worn while running. Our lives are marathons, as written in the Bible.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.
Hebrews 12:1

My shoes happens to be dirty already because of the dirty trails I've been running on. Stained, mucky and smudged, but not torn, battered, damaged and is still good to run in.

Will continue to run this race with endurance. Not by my own strength, but only by His strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment